It's no secret that the planet is in danger. Climate change is real, and we need to do our part to protect the earth. But it's not all doom and gloom. There are plenty of small things we can do in our everyday lives to be more eco-conscious. Here are easy tips to get you started.
1. Bring your own bags to the grocery store. This one is so simple, yet so many of us still use plastic bags from the store. Invest in some reusable cloth bags and bring them with you every time you go shopping. You'll save money in the long run, and you'll feel good knowing that you're doing your part to reduce plastic waste.
2. Bring a reusable water bottle with you everywhere you go. Leave those disposable water bottles at home! Get yourself a nice reusable water bottle that you can fill up before leaving the house. Most places now have water fountains where you can refill your bottle for free, so you'll never have to buy bottled water again. Our new active flask are the perfect answer to all your drinking needs. These double insulated, 1 litre stainless steel flasks will keep your drinks icy cold or piping hot for all your adventures.
3. Say no to straws. Drinking out of a straw is one of the simplest pleasures in life, but those disposable plastic straws add up quickly! If you're ordering a drink at a restaurant, just say no to the straw and drink from the cup instead. If you really want or need a straw, invest in a reusable metal or glass straw that can be used over and over again.
4. Compost your food waste. Did you know that approximately 30% of household waste is made up of food scraps? Composting is an easy way to reduce your waste and provide Nutrients for plants. You can even make your own compost bin using items you already have around the house!
5. Shop at thrift stores or consignment shops instead of buying new clothes all the time . The fashion industry is one of the most polluting industries in the world, so next time you need some new clothes why not try shopping secondhand? You'll find great deals on gently used clothing, and you'll feel good knowing that you're not contributing to textile waste.
6. Buy sustainable! Our eco-friendly travel towels are made from 22 recycled plastic bottles which were otherwise destined for landfill, or worse!
These are just a few small changes that we can all make to live more eco-consciously! But remember, every little bit counts when it comes to saving our planet! Do your part today and see how easy it is to live a more sustainable lifestyle.